Congratulations to your pregnancy and beginning of your parenthood journey!
Mother’s Companion Doula Services offers you different kind of services complimenting your pregnancy, birth and postpartum journey.
I am located in Leduc, Alberta and serve Leduc, Leduc County area (such as Beaumont, Devon, Calmar, Thorsby, New Sarepta and Millet) as well as Edmonton and it’s surrounding area.
What is a Doula?
A doula is a non-medical professional that helps people cope with major life changes. There are many different doulas in the world specializing in different life changes from pregnancy to postpartum or even infant and pregnancy loss.
How does a Birth & Postpartum Doula help families?
During the time that people become parents a doula helps adjust and ease the transition that can be overwhelming to many. A doula’s role is to empower the birthing person and their families in their journey and role as well as helping achieve a positive childbirth and postpartum experience.
A doula provides evidence based information to parents to be able to make informed decision and is providing non-judgmental support in people’s most vulnerable times.
She is not to replace anyone in your already existing support system but is an addition with valuable knowledge, training and expertise.
What are the benefits of hiring a doula?
- Judgement Free Support
- Pain Management during Labour
- Help Navigate Feelings And Watch For Warning Signs Of Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Reassurance, Encouragement and Empowerment
- Increased Bonding With Baby
- Evidence Based Information and Research
- Increased Breastfeeding With Prenatal And Postnatal Doula Care
What are some evidence based benefits?
- 9% Decreased Use Of Pain Medication
- 12% More Spontaneous Vaginal Births
- 28% Decreased Risk Of Caesarean Births
- 31% Less Use Of Pitocin
- 34% Fewer Negative Birth Experiences
- 40 Minutes Shorter Labours
What is out of a doula’s scope?
- A Doula does not perform any clinical tasks
- A doula does not speak to the staff on your behalf
- A doula does not make decisions for you
- A doula does not project any of my own beliefs onto your experience